Tuesday, July 05, 2011

New Work



I've updated my website with new paintings. I finally got the "stay inside" weather I needed, just not in the form I expected. This year we had a spectacular spring with regular rain and a nice mixture of sunny and overcast days, not too hot, not too cold. The garden displayed a sequence of color for the entire season, daffodils, hyacinths, foxglove, amaryllis, allium, jasmine, hydrangeas, gardenias, and roses. A nice treat considering how many seasons past the flowers have come out only to be withered and blown away by Santa Anas. But not this year. This year it was just too nice to be inside and working on websites when the weather was so perfect for digging and trimming and mulching (and sneezing). It finally came to an end, right on schedule by the calendar, with a heat wave - just too hot to garden or hike, but perfect for staying inside and working on websites.

2 comments:

Dianne Poinski said...

Beautiful job on your website Katherine! I too stayed out of the heat yesterday and worked on my website.
Your new work is really speaking to me, especially "Separation Anxiety"! Can't wait to see more!

Katherine Kean said...

Thanks Dianne! Thanks for your comment - so glad you like Separation Anxiety. At last, some "bad weather" so our websites can get some attention!

Bolton Hall Museum Gift Shop

The Bolton Hall Museum Gift Shop   is a great place to do your holiday shopping! Carrying a wide range of unique items, all are created l...