Saturday, July 30, 2011

Looking at Chain Letter

I used to have a recurring dream. It was at a time in my life when although I was working in a creative position, I wasn't having the opportunity to express myself authentically. In the dream I had discovered a building full of odd things. Perhaps this was an abandoned manufacturing warehouse, for everywhere there were fascinating objects or discarded toys and each had a story to tell, or represented an idea, or evoked a feeling, or sang, shimmered, glowed, or lit up. In my dream the discovery of this forgotten place was like finding a secret treasure trove and one of the best parts was that it seemed to just go on and on, one room opening to another. Each time I had this dream I would find something new.

Viewing the installation of Chain Letter at Shoshana Wayne Gallery reminds me of this dream.

IMG_2732

IMG_2738

IMG_2726

IMG_2741

IMG_2740

http://youtu.be/aVncSWHm3Zk


No comments:

Bolton Hall Museum Gift Shop

The Bolton Hall Museum Gift Shop   is a great place to do your holiday shopping! Carrying a wide range of unique items, all are created l...