Monday, October 24, 2011

Work in Progress: Murmuration

Murmuration in progress © 2011 Katherine Kean
oil on linen triptych 48 x 126" overall

Here is what the large triptych taking up all the breathing room in my studio looks like at the moment- click on the image to see it enlarged. It will be getting a few more layers and I suspect the bird formations will change somewhat, but I'm not going to say in what way just yet. What I will say is that I'm glad that I did most of this painting during the longer days. At this time of year my studio seems a little darker every day and I have to start depending more and more on artificial light.

9 comments:

Beth Rommel said...

Absolutely breathtaking Katherine!

Kathryn Hansen said...

wow...that's just beautiful Katherine!!

Katherine Kean said...

Thank you so much Beth and Kathryn!

Palmer said...

How Beautiful!!

Best Web Hosting said...

You have really an amazing blog with great contents. Thanks for sharing. Keep posting!

Katherine Kean said...

Thanks Palmer!

Thank you,BWH.

wow account for sale said...

OH my! that was so amazing. .

loriann signori said...

Hi Katherine,
I really love your mumuration series! I finally had a little time and have spent it going through your blogsite seeing what you have been doing. Wish I could see the show. It is so compelling!

Katherine Kean said...

Hi Loriann - thank you! I wish you could come out and see it too. Glad we have the internet to be able to see art that's far away. Not the same as seeing it in person, but it does help.

Bolton Hall Museum Gift Shop

The Bolton Hall Museum Gift Shop   is a great place to do your holiday shopping! Carrying a wide range of unique items, all are created l...