Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Waves Coming to Shore: New Work and Goals



Work in Progress 18 x 24” oil on linen



I did a quick survey of everything in progress in the studio and came up with a count of 11 paintings in various stages of completion. Almost all of them are within a few hours of finishing, although there is one that has only just been started. My goal is to have them all complete by the end of June as well as starting on three or four new ones. Two of the new ones I'll be starting on will be large; 40 x 60" and above.

I am thinking of devoting the last few days of each month to finishing up work. That would be this week, right? Seems doable.

8 comments:

Dianne Poinski said...

Hi Katherine,
I love "Waves Coming to Shore"! Beautiful! Keep us posted on how your week goes.

Jean Spitzer said...

The work is beautiful . . . and the posts about goals, inspiring (and vice versa).

Palmer said...

Hi Katherine, I feel inspired too. Your painting is so beautiful!! I like the idea of spending the last few days of the month finishing things. I have a few projects here that I can finish by the end of the month. Thanks so much for inspiring me!!

Katherine Kean said...

Dianne, Jean, and Palmer - thanks!

I will keep you posted on my progress: today, so far so good.

Beth said...

Hi Katherine,
What a nice painting. I love seeing work in progress. I hope you will post some of your pieces before and after completion. The thought that you have so many works in progress is inspiring...

Gary Keimig said...

good luck on finishing up those put aside. Funny you should mention that as I have been trying too the last few weeks to finish up some old pieces as well as rejuvenate my"Fire starters". I did start a new watercolor today that I think has some exciting possibilities.
Happy painting and keep us posted on this one. Looks to be a gem about to explode onto the shore.

Katherine Kean said...

Hi Gary - thanks! I'm intrigued by your term "Fire starters". Do you explain that in your blog? I'll have to go have a look.

Happy painting to you too!

Katherine Kean said...

Hi Beth, I'd like to post before and after pics.

Bolton Hall Museum Gift Shop

The Bolton Hall Museum Gift Shop   is a great place to do your holiday shopping! Carrying a wide range of unique items, all are created l...