Monday, March 19, 2012

Birds, Birds, Birds, Birds, Birds, Birds, Birds, Birds...and a Wave

original oil painting, contemporary,gray blue, murmuration, phenomena, ocean, wave, ethereal, two piece, modular, large
Wave section of work in progress   oil on linen   8 x 60"

I've been painting bird after bird after bird. When I close my eyes I see bird shapes - not necessarily a bad thing!

The image above is the bottom portion of a modular painting - this 8 x 60" section is part of the two piece work, that will be 48 x 60" overall. You can see a detail view of another section in the post below. This part is complete. The rest is still getting some adjustments, and, can you guess? Right! Birds.

4 comments:

Palmer said...

I love seeing how this is all coming together! So beautiful and mystical with the murmurations.

Katherine Kean said...

Thanks so much Palmer - that's the effect I'm aiming for!

Anonymous said...

Awesome, good work .Davinci

Katherine Kean said...

Thank you Davinci!

Bolton Hall Museum Gift Shop

The Bolton Hall Museum Gift Shop   is a great place to do your holiday shopping! Carrying a wide range of unique items, all are created l...