Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Mount Hollywood on the 4th of July



I took the Sierra Club hike up to Mount Hollywood to see the fireworks last night. It's a 1600 foot climb and took about an hour and a half. When we got to the top there were already about 30 horses, and of course, the people that rode up on them. The peak is about 500 feet above the Observatory and gives a 360 degree view of Los Angeles. When the fireworks started I didn't know where to look, there were bursts of color and light in every direction. I finally settled on watching a display that was probably in Burbank or Studio City until the elaborate Rose Bowl pyrotechnics started. Then they turned off the lights at Dodger Stadium and those explosions looked pretty good too. Then it was time to hike back down and quickly (what, me move quickly?) because they close the park at 10pm. I didn't make it in time, the north gate was closed, but luckily they left the south gate ajar.

3 comments:

Topwomen said...

I'm jealous, I would love to have been there too.

Topwomen said...

also, just curious, how did the horses react to the fireworks?

Katherine Kean said...

Hi rgmb,

As far as I could see the horses seemed to be pretty calm. A couple of people had dogs with them that didn't seem too happy about the noise.

Bolton Hall Museum Gift Shop

The Bolton Hall Museum Gift Shop   is a great place to do your holiday shopping! Carrying a wide range of unique items, all are created l...