Tuesday, November 22, 2011

My 7 Links

I'm honored to be chosen by local artist Kathryn Hansen to take part in the My 7 Links Project.

For this project each blogger selects one post to fit each of seven categories and then nominates up to 5 more bloggers to do the same, and so on, and so on,.as a way of "uniting bloggers (from all sectors) in a joint venture."

Here goes:


Most Popular Post
These are the artists, both historical and contemporary that I've selected as being highly influential to me.

Most Controversial Post 
Not many of my posts seem to be controversial, but I think this one has ruffled the most feathers.

Most Helpful Post
Artwork Inventory Form  This seems the one that I get the most thanks for. 
    
Most Surprisingly Successful Post Ten Highlights From My Dream Resume: A Surreakist Game 
I knew this post was a shot in the dark, it was delightful to get a response!

Most Neglected Post 
Maybe it's the title, or that there isn't an image that goes with this, or maybe this   level of water conservation is just an odd quirk of my own. 

Post I'm Most Proud Of 
Art's Influence on Motion Picture Design
It's a series of posts about how art has influenced motion pictures. This one about Andrew Wyeth is one of the series of six posts.


Most Beautiful Post  
Storm Clouds Over Lava Fields
We all know that beauty is in the eye (or mind, or heart0 of the beholder, so you tell me, it could be this one, or maybe another....

The bloggers I have chosen to nominate are:

Lynne Windsor
I took Lynne's painting workshop in Scotland this fall and had the time of my life. And Lynne has recently been studying for an advanced degree in printmaking.. Her artwork is beautiful and I'm finding following along with her explorations to be fascinating.

Dianne Poinski
I met Dianne online, although she has roots in my neighborhood. She is a photographer who creates works of art, hand coloring her photographs. She also generously shares her process through teaching, writing, and on her blog.

Beth Rommel
I also met Beth online.I find the artwork on her blog to be colorful and fun and it has a story telling element to it that grabs my attention. See if you don't find the same.

Thanks Kathryn for choosing me to take part!

8 comments:

Kathryn Hansen said...

I love your 7 links Katherine!!! Some of them I remember...and because of your post on vegan art supplies I changed to Strathmore bristol board for my drawings and like it sooooo much better!!

Katherine Kean said...

Hi Kathryn,
Thank you and I'm glad that you like the Strathmore. Your drawings deserve a great paper.

Dianne Poinski said...

Thank you for nominating me Katherine! I love your links and I love this idea.
So grateful to have met you online! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Dianne

Katherine Kean said...

You're welcome Dianne! And thanks - Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Beth Rommel said...

Katherine thank you so much for including me in your list. I feel honored to be in this fine company:) Much love to you and yours on this Thanksgiving.

Katherine Kean said...

You are so welcome Beth! Wishing a warm and wonderful Thanksgiving to you as well.

Catherine said...

Brilliant idea and I am enjoying delving into your blog in this way. I am actually in awe of your connection with nature and your ability to transform it's power and beauty through paint. Thank you for sharing so much of yourself here, it inspires me:~)

Katherine Kean said...

Thank you Foxglove! From one artist, nature lover to another - I'm pleased to help inspire and glad you're enjoying.

Bolton Hall Museum Gift Shop

The Bolton Hall Museum Gift Shop   is a great place to do your holiday shopping! Carrying a wide range of unique items, all are created l...