Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Cloud Sketch




Here is a sketch that has hopes of becoming a painting. I have my doubts about the street light on the left in the bottom of the sketch. I may leave it out - or at least not paint it in until the rest of the painting is finished. Or, it may become a tree, if I can find just the right tree to go in it's place. Or, perhaps the painting will stand on it's own without a streetlight or a tree to provide context.

I got a chance to pick up the postcard announcements for the Atmospheric exhibition from the printer yesterday. They are 5 x 7" and feature Converging Conditions of the front with my name, and all of the exhibit info on the back. If you would like one, email me your street address and I'll send it out to you.

And some fun news - I heard from ArtSlant that Counting Raindrops has been selected as a Showcase Winner in the 5th showcase contest for 2010.

7 comments:

Jean Spitzer said...

Congratulations! And the sketches of clouds feel very active.

Katherine Kean said...

Thanks Jean! I like the clouds that have motion.

Cassandra Tondro said...

I like the streetlight, Katherine. It adds a bit of a lonely deserted place kind of feel that I find appealing.

Katherine Kean said...

Hi Cassandra, thanks for that input - that's something to think about.

Your new profile photo looks great!

Kathryn Hansen said...

congratulations on your win over at ArtSlant...that's awesome!!

Katherine Kean said...

Thanks Kathryn!

Anonymous said...

Top blog, I hadn't come across katherinekean.blogspot.com previously in my searches!
Carry on the superb work!

Bolton Hall Museum Gift Shop

The Bolton Hall Museum Gift Shop   is a great place to do your holiday shopping! Carrying a wide range of unique items, all are created l...