Monday, July 19, 2010

Volcano Art Exhibition

I learned about this exhibition from the Volcanism blog, it's called Volcano: Turner to Warhol featuring five centuries of volcano art, obviously including Turner and Warhol, among others, as well as a selection of work from Icelandic artists. If I were in the UK I'd definitely go see it.

Below is an excerpt from a corner installation by James P. Graham, called Iddu, which means Him in Sicialian dialect, created over a five year period upon the Stromboli volcano:



A review of the exhibition from the Gaurdian.

I just found and started following the Volcanism Blog last week and it has quickly become my place to go to for all things volcano.

No comments:

Bolton Hall Museum Gift Shop

The Bolton Hall Museum Gift Shop   is a great place to do your holiday shopping! Carrying a wide range of unique items, all are created l...