Monday, October 10, 2011

Wrap Em Up, Ship Em Out

I was caught by surprise when returning from my trip to learn that Paint America had been trying to get in touch about delivery of artwork to Saint Louis for exhibition. I had to drop everything and scramble to get the work shipped out. Fortunately the organizers of the exhibition had arranged for a discount to the artists on AirFloat Systems lined strong boxes. I really like using these boxes to ship because they give me great confidence that the artwork will arrive undamaged.

As soon as the boxes arrived I wrapped the framed paintings with plastic pallet wrap to prevent dings in the frames or scratches on the paintings' surfaces. Then I created a custom sized pocket for each painting  - easy to do in the pre-perforated foam - I didn't even need a knife. Then I sealed the boxes and took them to the Post Office during the first downpour of the season. I got soaked! But no matter. The people at the Post Office gave me a stack of paper towels. I dried off my packages and then sent them on their way. All three boxes were delivered to the Jefferson National Expansion Monument within 24 hours.

This leg of the Paint the Parks 2011 traveling exhibition will be on exhibit  through January 9, 2012.

4 comments:

Lynne E. Windsor said...

This is good news Katherine and well deserved! The painting looks great, even in the cardboard box! Dad received your card today... he was very pleased.. thank you.

Diane Hoeptner said...

Way to hustle those paintings out the door, Katherine. Those AirFloat boxes look very capable--but they look magical with your painting inside!! !

Katherine Kean said...

Hi Lynne, Thank you! Glad he got the card too!

Katherine Kean said...

Thanks Diane!

Bolton Hall Museum Gift Shop

The Bolton Hall Museum Gift Shop   is a great place to do your holiday shopping! Carrying a wide range of unique items, all are created l...