H O M E       I       A B O U T      I       P A I N T I N G S       I      C O N T A C T

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Passing Through

Passing Through
4 x 7" graphite © 2010 Katherine Kean


This drawing, of an imaginary migration, is headed for the gallery this week. I suspect I'll end up doing a larger version of this in oil since I've explored this theme more than once in the past and keep returning to it to try and discover a bit more.

On another note, one of my recent paintings has been accepted as a winner in the May Showcase Awards, which is Art Slant's online competition. You can see it on the Art Slant 3rd 2010 Showcase page of their website.

9 comments:

Palmer said...

Hey, Congratulations! And well deserved.

Katherine Kean said...

Palmer - thanks!

Dianne Poinski said...

Congratulations Katherine!
I love "Passing Through". This black and white graphite version has a of mood and movement to it. Can't wait to see what you do with it!

Kathryn Hansen said...

ohhhh congratulations...that's wonderful!! Your painting is wonderful! All your work has a lot of emotion in it, it's very cool!

Katherine Kean said...

Thanks Diane! Sometimes it's fun to work just with values.

Kathryn - thank you, I'm glad you like it.

loriann said...

Congratulations, that painting is a beauty... what a wonderful stormy mood.

Katherine Kean said...

Thank you Loriann!

Diane Hoeptner (hep-ner) said...

Congratulations on your winning painting, Katherine! It's nice to get a little recognition once in a while! I must go see it. I do love the idea & the possible interpretations of birds in motion viewed through branches. Wonderful sketch, would love to see more like it!!

Katherine Kean said...

Thank you Diane!