Monday, September 21, 2009

Catching Up

I’ve let a whole week slip by without posting. I have a good excuse - I was out of town briefly visiting family. I got to go to my 5 year old niece’s bowling alley birthday party where I learned how it is that 5 year olds can bowl. (With gutter guards and steel ramps to aim the balls.) Now that I’m back I’m getting started reviewing portfolios for potential new members at the artist owned gallery that I belong to. This is a job that I really enjoy. It involves looking at fresh new artwork and meeting creative people – what’s not to like?

In the meantime I’ve gone back to work finishing up the paintings I’ve started this summer and although I made good progress this past week I didn’t finish yet. Next week I’ll be beginning on new work - drawings for more on this series about nature’s transitions written in the wind.

For now I’ll show you this image of a determined looking Bear enjoying his first cantaloupe rind. For some reason I thought he would just chew the “edible” portions and not go for the whole rind. Silly me, after a brief tug of war I got most of it back and he only chewed up and swallowed a few pieces. It doesn’t seem to have done him any harm.



7 comments:

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

What an adorable photograph. Katherine, I appreciate how you show your paintings in progress. Love the underpainting of your previous post. Am looking forward to next installments . . .

Beth said...

now that is a cute canine face! Thank you for the nice comment on my blog. I appreciate the feedback. Hope you have rested up from the rowsing round of bowling with little guys...what fun, wish adults could use the gutter bumpers.

Palmer said...

Love that look in his eyes that says "I know you're going to try and take it away, but it's MINE, MINE, MINE"!

Katherine Kean said...

Thanks Bonnie - stay tuned - more installments are in store.

Beth - you're very welcome. I wish adults could use gutter bumpers too!

Palmer - I know - makes me laugh!

Kathryn Hansen said...

hey Katherine,

just thought i'd let you know your link didn't work for "artist owned gallery"

...and...your dog is adorable!!

Katherine Kean said...

Kathryn,

Oops - sorry about that! It's fixed now. Thanks for letting me know.

Thanks, I think he's adorable too!

Derek said...

what a fun little pic of Bear! You should put that up on Facebook.

Bolton Hall Museum Gift Shop

The Bolton Hall Museum Gift Shop   is a great place to do your holiday shopping! Carrying a wide range of unique items, all are created l...